Saturday, July 11, 2009

The windmill of my mind continues... When Meow and I first started this DD D/S journey 6 months ago my biggest hang-up was: How can my intelligent independent and successful wife want to become (in certain areas) obedient and submissive? ie: weak? How can we do this and not make her subservient? I now realize that Meow found the strength to look honestly at her soul and the strength to accept what she really wanted and surrendered to it, even though it flies in the face of current Feministic dogma. There are so many times a day when I see Meow's actions and hear her words I am almost overwhelmed by the strength that lies behind it. Every time she puts her bare bottom over my knee I see amazing strength.

I can now relate her strength to my own story. In my prior blog I mentioned the spiritual event that first night in the recovery ward-the event that changed my life forever. For decades prior to that I had tried every way I knew how to really become a Christian and know in my heart that I was. Not long before I went into recovery my pastor asked what was standing between God and me and I honestly said that I didn't know. I had spent hours reading books and listening to tapes by John Bradshaw. One of the concepts he advanced had really caught my attention: "The Gods don't play fair".
He felt that when it was time for us to learn a lesson it was presented to us in harder and harder and more dire ways until we got it, or died.

The first night in recovery I was alone and knew that Meow had every right to divorce me and take the kids, that I could lose my job and profession and lose everything I thought I loved. Finally, the Epiphany! I offered a very profane prayer to God saying that God played dirty and unfair! I remembered several life-threatening lessons that I had ignored. I remembered that I had never, ever prayed to God without everything being based on my terms and conditions. I realized that I had to surrender, absolutely, willing to accept God's will for my life and my soul. When I did that I was surrounded and filled with the "Holy Spirit". I won't attempt to describe it. The closest descriptive word is rapture.

That made me ready for the 12 steps. 1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable. 2.Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. 3. MADE A DECISION TO TURN OUR WILL AND OUT LIVES OVER TO THE CARE OF GOD, AS WE UNDERSTOOD GOD.

Being obedient and submissive-sound familiar? Being obedient and submissive to God/Higher Power gave me the strength to go through those 30 days of pain in giving up my weakness, and the pain since. Total surrender gives me strength. The name of my favorite AA meeting was "Surrender to Win".

I thank Meow for catching onto a very powerful dynamic for both of us.

15 comments:

Daisychain said...

Oh, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Welcome to Blogland. Everyone is going to love reading your posts. You have a wonderful descriptive writing style. And I am so thrilled you have God in your life. God bless you. Meet you on the path someday, since we are walking the same one!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daisychain said...

Have you read the novel, Redeeming Love? and another wonderful book, The Shack.
Both are awesome. I can't recommend them highly enough.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lash said...

Thanks Daisy! I appreciate he support. Please let me know about the prayerchain. Lash

Florida Dom said...

Congrats on starting your blog and for 20 years of being sober. And I'm sure your post helped Jflame. And also great that you and Meow have discovered the joys of the DD lifestyle. Your blog is off to a good start and since Bonnie has linked to you, you'll get a lot of traffic.

Lash said...

Florida Dom-thanks for the support. Lash

Bonnie said...

Hi Lash,

Welcome to our community!

It's pretty clear right from the start that you aren't the sort to pussyfoot (forgive me, I couldn't help it) around lightweight topics. Right out of the gate, you serve up meaningful, introspective insights. Wow.

I salute both your ongoing struggle and your courage to share it. This is a powerful medium. Your candor and clarity have the ability to teach and to heal. You're off to a wonderful start!

With warm regards,
Bonnie

Lash said...

Bonnie, Thank you for your kind words. The awesome response and support I have received gives me courage to continue. God Bless, Lash

ronnie said...

Welcome Lash and thank you for sharing. Look forward to visiting again.

It's great to have found another couple blogging, don't think there are many.

Ronnie
xx

Tiggs said...

Hugest hugs, cyber support and loads of love and compassion to you and Meow. If ever you need ANYTHING out here in blogland, just drop me a line (liltggr@gmail.com). Always happy to help and even happier to make new friends out here!

Lash said...

Ronnie & Tiggs-Thanks! It was of course Meow's courage and ability to write creative and intospective blogs that paved the way for me. Lash

Hermione said...

I'll add my greetings too. We've all heard so much about you from Meow, it will be good to hear your side of the story!

Welcome to our warm community of spanking bloggers.

Hugs,
Hermione

Jay Walker said...

Hi Lash.
Finally came over and saw my name in your blog...thanks.
And thanks for popping over to mine and for that comment.
I am still sober...yikes...and I actually feel better for it.
I added you to my blog roll.
Love and hugs Jay xoxoxoxoxo

Lash said...

Dear Hermione and Jay, Thanks and God Bless you both. Lash.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lash,
Another high quality post. I look forward to reading more from you.
I'm glad you're here.
Maryann

Saffron said...

Since I have a small (grins) understanding of that feeling of rapture you are talking about...I totally get what you are saying.

Welcome to blogland.....and Im sorry I was taking a little hiatu whilst you were starting out.

I'll be adding you to my blogroll later on today...and if we don't meet this side of heaven...see you there!